Resetting Bosch Vision 300 Series Washer

December 27th, 2011 by KTU | Filed under Uncategorized.

I could not find this information on the web anywhere, so I’m posting it here in case it is useful to someone. (Disclaimer: This worked for me and many others — some slight variants are posted in comments, which you might try if it doesn’t work for you. No promises, of course.)

My 13-month old Bosch Vision 300 Series Washer displayed error code E:27 (E27). Of course, I was just out of warranty.

This error code is not in the user manual, but some research on line indicates that it is a door latch fault. The problem is that the washer will not operate and the door is latched closed.

You can manually release the latch by removing the lower panel (Torx fasteners, I think) and finding a wire lanyard that releases the latch. However, I had read that there was a diagnostic code that could be used to reset the latch solenoid via the control panel.

There is no service manual available on line, as far as I can tell.

Here is what worked…

1. Set the knob to off.

2. Hold down both the Spin Selector button and the Allergy Rinse button simultaneously.

3. While holding these two buttons down, rotate the knob one click to the left, to the “cold” position.

4. At that point, the display will show a diagnostic code and the unit will enter a self-test mode. In my case, the solenoid latch started clicking repeatedly. I pressed the Spin Selector button once or twice, which resulted in the display of new codes and then the release of the latch.

5. I set the knob back to off, and the washer now appears to be operating.

6. You’re done.

Tags: , , , , ,

98 Responses to “Resetting Bosch Vision 300 Series Washer”

1. Alan says:

This was perfect! Thank you. I wish I would have found this advice before I ordered a replacement door lock assembly and found out that it did not fix the problem :(

2. dan says:

thank you so very much.
    did the trick . they’d be 150 dollar service call

3. Andrea says:

this worked!

4. gail says:

Thank you so much, only had the washer one week and had this error,
    worked instantly I can no finish the wash.
    I love the internet….

5. Emily says:

Thank you so much! You just saved us a lot of money. Our warranty ended 4 months ago, so this was super helpful. Thanks again!

6. Ben says:

Thank you very much this idea it fixed the problem.It was very helpful.

7. Patty says:

Thanks for this. Our machine is also 13 months old and this worked. Don’t know how you figured it out but glad you did. Thanks for sharing.

8. Melody says:

Thanks for posting. I already had the parts replaced once under warranty. This saved me another repair! Thank You!

9. Arthur says:

Awesome! Thanks. Did everyone leave it on P:01? Lots of P’s to choose from…

10. kyle says:

THANK YOU! I am seriously indebted to you

11. andrea says:

You rock! Thanks so much for making me look awesome while hubby is out of town lol!

12. Shirley says:

This worked like a charm. Thank you
    Did what service suggested, and that did nothing.

13. Greg says:

Thanks your advice was right on point! I never did hear a clicking sound but that code changed to P01. After turning it back wash cycle error code was gone. You have been a great help.I cant thank you enough!

14. Joe says:

it didnt work for me becuase it’s a differnt setting on mine. Try this: HOLD down the spin selection button and allergy rinse, then follow the same steps he provided

15. Lorraine says:

Thanks so much! You just saved our household a service call and spending $.
    Truly appreciate your help!
    All the best from the Washing Household in Canada

16. Nigel says:

Incredible. Worked like a charm. Please post more troubleshooting solutions for Bosch products.

17. Robyn says:

Do not know how you figured this out…but thank you!!! Did one more internet search before I called a rep tech…found you instead!!!

18. Don says:

You’re awesome! Worked perfect!

19. Tricia says:

Thank You! Worked Perfectly! Have had repairman out twice for this. It worked great!

20. Jirka says:

Hi, I have Bosch Vision 300 Series Washer and when the washing is done my clothes smells badly not like after washing even if after softerner. As well box for detergent is leaking out of the washier when first water coming in – but only when washing program is on warm. Thanks in advnce for answer.

21. KTU says:

I wish I were a Bosch expert, but I’m not. I just figured out how to deal with one problem… Sorry.

22. Shana says:

I just scared the crap out of my daughters by screaming ‘YES!’ Followed by a sudden outburst of colorful words followed by ‘Aaaah! I am f’in awesome!’ Lol. I’ve spent 6 hours trying to figure out the error 27 thing. THANK YOU!

23. Kevin says:

Was wondering if you knew what all the P01, P02 and so on meant? Cause like you said, it is not in the manual.

24. KTU says:

I’m thinking of becoming a web-based Bosch service guy :)
    However, I don’t know what those codes mean.

25. Karen says:

I love the internet and Praise god for you taking the time to post this Karl you saved the day.

26. Erich says:

Been there, done that. this has worked in the past, but not this time. I even tried while standing on my head and drinking a glass of water. also turned the machine off for over 30 min. a few times, and unplugged it over night, without good results. I have managed to get the code to change to e95 for a while. I have 9 children and live on a farm, and I can tell you that that this machine is designed to save water, not to wash dirty clothes. It is especially good at saving water when it is playing it’s “e” games. Persistence and ingenuity usually win out in the end. If you keep trying to reset the codes, unplug, replug, turn three times to the left, pat your stomach and rub your head… Maybe it only works on a Tuesday.
    When the machine was brand new I called customer support because I was disappointed that the washer would not get dirty clothes clean. The tech I spoke with said that some people put in a bucket of water before they start the load, and suggested I might try that.
    Maybe a web based service guy would be good, but I think a Bosch washing machine owner support group would be more to the point. Good luck all.

27. TM says:

Thanks so much…the internet is such a great tool…Be Blessed!!!

28. DD says:

Thanks, it worked!!!

29. ml says:

omg! thank you! brilliant

30. Carrie says:

Thank you so much! Everything else I found said the latch would have to be replaced! Then when my dad called they told him it was caused by too much soap. It’d be nice if they knew what they were talking about…

31. Lucinda says:

Wow this worked! Thank you! I had a repair person come out who charged me $65 for the visit & said I’d have to replace the latch for about $250! You saved me a lot of $!

32. Julia says:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! We have already replaced the locking mechanism while it was under warranty, and today we got the dreaded clicking and the E:27 code. Tried to get the bottom front panel off to do a manual release but could get the damn thing off. So before calling Sears for yet another service call, I did a little bit more research online and found your answer!!! Worked like a charm, screamed a few praises as I had a wash full of uniforms and whites. Still going to call Sears, because the locking mechanism was replaced less than 6 months ago. Thanks again!!

33. Lauren says:

I had to hold down the Spin Selector & Delay Start buttons, then turn the knob. But it worked perfectly. Thank you.

34. Kerri says:

Worked great! You are a genius!!

35. Dave says:

Worked like a charm. Thank you for posting this.

36. Tom says:

It worked! Exactly as you described it. Thank you

37. Joaquin says:

Imagine, arriving at 10pm from work and my wife telling me of an E:27!!!!!! :(
    Thanks to you I can sleep today.
    But the question is: Why (the f….) the owner manual doesn’t show this kind of situation? It’s written in 3 languages and all three troubleshooting sections are different!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks again!

38. BLESS YOU ! We were ready to spend the day at the laundramat and then call for service on Monday. You are so kind to have taken the trouble to post this.
    Thank you.

39. Malia says:

I cannot believe it! I’m a new single mom with no “fix it” skills & 3 loads of laundry to do when I got this error code. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much for saving me a service call & some tears!

40. Don says:

You are the best…..worked and didn’t have to pay 150.00 for a service tech to push two buttons and twist a dial……Thank you

41. Len Romano says:

Not fair that this is not in the owners manual!

Thanks so much for the info!

42. Nathan says:

KTU, Thank you for information, the cod 02 appeared on the screen. Im not sure what it means but the washer reset and moma is happy. once again thank you for the instructions.

43. Pam says:

A BIG THANK YOU for taking the time to POST the FIX for the E:27 on the Bosch 300 series washer.
    Just know a lot of people are screaming YES because of you!
    Personally, I did what you said, but found I had to do it repeatedly before it finally worked. SO for those of you who have tried it and thought, it’s not working,,,keep persisting until you break the pattern then it will work. It’s sad that BOSCH themselves don’t POST such a SIMPLE thing in their books instead of sending out the most expensive repair man to fix something that you could do yourself!

44. Pat says:

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. I don’t have a warranty on ours as we got it second hand. It had only been used about 2 times in a year. So happy I kept looking; was getting worried. Thanks again!

45. Paul says:

46. Russ says:

Tried the spin and allergy settings to no avail, very glad I kept reading, we had to do the spin and delay as someone else suggested and it did whatever it needed to do to reset. As many have said Thank you for tkaing the time to share this info, a happy wife makes for a happy life. Only loser are the repair shops!

47. Shea says:

THANK YOU!!! I needed to wash clothes again and my mom kept bugging me to fix it! You are a life saver, thank you so so so so much!

48. Marisela says:

Thank you so much. We all appreciate your post. Except for the repair man/woman. I have been so disappointed with all my Bosch appliances. The owners manuals are useless. They give no useful tips. They expect one manual to cover a few machines that do not have the same displays and buttons. I will never buy with the idea the more expensive the product the better. My mom bought the cheapest because we couldn’t afford much, 11 kids to wash for. The machines she purchased were basic Sears brand but out lasted my hi-tech clothes tumblers.

49. Simone says:

Fantastic! Thanks so much. The manual is useless. I can’t believe this fixes the problem but they don’t tell you that! I wish I could buy you a drink…maybe you should start taking commission!

50. Kelly says:

Thanks so much for your post. I had to hold Delay Start and Spin Selector like some others, and got P1, E1, and C1 in the display. But I persevered with turning machine on and off and turning the knob and am now delighted to hear the machine working as it should.